Solve the performance challenges of your education and higher education facility with
McKenney’s Retrocommissioning Services
Every day, the operators of education and higher education facilities arrive on campus with the goal to provide a safe, healthy and productive environment for their faculty and students—all while staying within budget. Over the last year, education and higher education facility operators are facing new challenges, including more questions from faculty, staff, administrators and parents about indoor air quality (IAQ), outside air and emerging technologies that could improve the health and wellness of the buildings.
But aging buildings and systems with device and sensor issues could be working against these efforts, leading to a facility that has too much variance in occupant comfort, takes too much time to operate, and costs too much to run—while not meeting the new standards for IAQ.
With McKenney’s Energy Services on your team, we will put your facility on the path to peak performance through comprehensive analysis, planning and execution. Let us help you keep your students and faculty comfortable, protect your bottom line and maximize the value of your investment.
- Increased student and faculty health, safety and comfort, boosting productivity and academic achievement in the classroom.
- Lower utility costs and operating expenses while realizing significant energy savings
- Increased ease of operation for facility managers with continuing support from our service technicians
- Priority list of improvements to work within any budget with estimating and budgeting support from McKenney’s
- Faster turnaround projects with relatively quick payback periods to offset initial costs
- Prioritized capital improvements with optional financing support
THE PATH TO PEAK PERFORMANCE
ANALYZEEnhance our understanding of your educational facility and your unique operational needs by:
- Identifying system deficiencies.
- Performing on-site analysis.
- Running simulation models to show actual versus optimal performance.
- Identifying specific areas that have the potential to cause problems to help reduce O&M repairs over time.
PLANCreate your customized plan for facility performance improvements and increased savings by:
- Building contingency into projects to address system deficiencies.
- Developing long- and short-term capital plans and determining project financing—including the paid-through-energy-savings option with support from our ESCO partners.
IMPROVECall on our extensive experience and resources to deliver proactive, innovative services and provide real value for your bottom line by:
- Optimizing current performance for quick returns.
- Implementing capital projects either at once or phased over time.
- Providing ongoing progress reports.
- Maintaining the improvements through continuous commissioning (CCx).
Making an Impact with Retrocommissioning
Successful Retrocommissioning (RCx) projects depend on an experienced team to lead the effort and conduct diagnostic monitoring and testing, energy modeling, point-to-point testing, and functional performance testing to assess system performance and efficiency. McKenney’s has the resources, capacity and experience to be a valuable partner on any RCx project.